In this tutorial, we will look into the topic “How to create a custom archive page for web-stories in WordPress”.
Web stories are the new way of storytelling and are the most effective content type for user engagement.
Also Read: How to create Web-Stories in WordPress.
As we know that in any blog or website there are posts, and their lists or archives. Likewise, web stories are a type of post, and they too have archives. The archive can be displayed on the basis of category, date of publishing, author, etc.
Web stories in WordPress have an archive page generated by the plugin itself. But it follows the archive template of the theme, which does not look great because the archive template is optimized for article posts and not for web stories.
By default, the web stories for the WordPress plugin do not allow any customization or changes to the web stories archive page.
Let’s see how to create a custom archive page for web-stories in wordpress
There are two methods of doing this :
1] Creating a new WordPress page and redirecting the default web stories page, generated by the “web stories” plugin.
2] Creating a custom PHP or HTML page archive page for web stories in WordPress.
Creating a new WordPress page and redirecting the default web stories page, generated by the “web stories” plugin.
- Log in to your wordpress website’s dashboard.
- Go to “Pages” in the left hand side panel, and click on “Add New“.
- Default wordpress page editor will open, enter the page tiltle whatever you want.
- Now you can edit this page as you want, you can even add web-stories to your this page with “web stories” block.
- Once your page is ready now we need to redirect the default “web-stories” page to your this new page or noindex the default page.
- to redirect put the following code in your .htaccess file which is in your root directory.
Redirect 301 /old-page-here.html http://www.yournewwebsite.com/new-page-here.html
- To “NoIndex” the default “web-stories” page you can do it with your SEO plugin or manually by including a noindex tag in the header.
Creating a custom PHP or HTML page archive page for web stories in WordPres
Dowing this will require programming knowledge. So this completely depends upon you and your skills.
- How to create a mini slider for web stories in WordPress. - September 14, 2021
- Best web stories archive page templates Examples. - September 12, 2021
- How to create a custom archive page for web-stories in WordPress. - September 6, 2021